The Mazzuchelli Scholars Honors Program dedicates itself to the self-examination and attendant conversations required to confront racism and promote social justice both on our campus and beyond as we prepare students for a life of teaching and learning. We are responsible leaders in the Dominican University community as we work together towards racial equity. The Dominican University Honors Program commits to:
- Maintaining the ideals of an integrative program of liberal study by broadening the intellectual traditions of Honors course offerings so as to diversify voices and experiences.
- Strengthening the visibility of the program and building a portfolio that demonstrates student well-being, persistence, and belonging.
- Developing strategies to ensure that the Honors program supports historically minoritized groups in direct and meaningful ways.
- Cultivating initiatives in the classroom and in the community for practicing social justice and in creating a transformative response to racism.
- Supporting student leadership to build and sustain relationships with the Center for Cultural Liberation and to craft a service requirement pivoted on the needs of the community.