Responsible and accountable to ensure the Department Goals and Objectives are aligned with Monument Health and Rapid City Hospital’s strategic plans. Responsible and accountable to ensure action plans are in place to reach organizational goals. He/she must deploy the resources and develop the goals to help ensure employees understand the intent of the Strategic Plan/Operational Plans. He/she must pursue higher levels of organizational and human performance to include quality, safety, productivity and time performance concerns. He/she must ensure employees’ well being and help develop their talents to adopt ideas, new processes, new technology, and new products to facilitate successful innovation and implementation. Holds around-the-clock accountability for the management of clinical practice and patient care in designated department.Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions.
Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Understands system and business practice concepts and work approaches used to systematically pursue ever-higher levels of performance. Understands or demonstrates understanding of strategic planning, research, and development and analysis processes that do not normally imply formal sequences of steps. Further understands or demonstrates understanding that high-performance work approaches are necessary to align the organization’s efforts, as evidenced by improved customer relations’ focus, quality initiatives, financial performance, and operational performance.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Ensures new ideas are adopted and implemented to continually support the Healthcare mission while successfully accomplishing those goals the organization must attain for its strategy to succeed. Ensures employees share knowledge, understand decisions and the reasons why decisions are made and implemented.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Administers disciplinary action fairly and consistently and in a timely manner with consideration given to protect confidentiality and dignity. Documents all disciplinary actions.
- Assists in education of staff, patients and administration in relation to the Magnet Program goals. Prepares for the site visit in coordination with the Magnet Steering Committee.
- Assists in the adoption and implementation of new ideas, which support the Healthcare mission. Communicates information to key contact personnel to facilitate and understand who and why decisions are made and implemented.
- Assumes accountability for remaining current regarding standards of care established by the profession (e.g., American Physical Therapy Association), regulatory bodies (e.g., State, CMS, etc.) is able to determine relevant implications for a specific area or unit and respond using flexibility and creativity to promote compliance.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall functions and professional growth and direction of the department.
- Manages the hiring, development, evaluation, counseling and end-of-employment processes for all patient care staff. Coordinates and mentors individuals to work together on team projects and accomplish department goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education – Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification – Registered Nurse (RN) – South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience – 1+ years of Psychiatric Services Experience; 5+ years of Acute Experience
Education – Masters degree in Nursing
Certification – Licensed Professional Counselor – South Dakota Department of Social Services