This role is required to approach the position with Cru in a manner that seeks, individually and with others, the guidance of the Holy Spirit through prayer. The individual is expected to approach the job in a way that reflects the teachings of the Lord, demonstrating dignity and respect for those with whom the individual works, and an understanding his or her words and deeds are a witness to the faith and mission of this organization.
Under the direction of the Manager of Content Strategy, create and edit articles and other written content, primarily for the FamilyLife website.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – As an employee with Cru
● Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
● Exhibit Christian character through attitude and conduct with others in the workplace and in daily life
● Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit in the performance of his/her duties
● Share what God is teaching him or her
● Consistently attend and participate in team and ministry devotional times and in other activities
specified by his/her leadership.
For this role:
• Produce and customize content for assigned platforms
• Write devotions for YouVersion.
• Attend training in writing, editing, and editorial planning.
• Propose ideas for articles for FamilyLife website.
• Perform online and on the ground research for content
• Assist with special editorial projects as assigned.
Other Functions (non-essential)
• Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
• Personal development – engage in the Staff Development process including creating and
implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
• Perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function:
● Must exhibit a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a willingness and ability to share how this relationship began
● Must sign the Statement of Faith of Cru without reservation
● Must be able to clearly express Biblical principles which are the foundation for the Christian faith
● Must exhibit a history of being connected to a body of believers who encourage his/her spiritual
● Must be willing to conduct his/her life in a way that is consistent with Cru’s standards and
expectations, understanding that his/her conduct in the workplace and in the community can reflect on the mission of Cru.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, assertiveness, gumption, patience and courtesy.
• Write clearly.
• Edit and proofread.
• Learn and practice new skills.
• Take on responsibility for special projects.
• Use English grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary correctly.
• Work independently
• Collaborate with others as needed
• Organize own work to meet deadlines
• Meet deadlines
Min/Preferred Education Level Description
Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors
Journalism and formal Bible education is an asset but not required.
Years Of Experience
1 in writing, content creation, and media projects.
“As a religious organization whose purpose and character are primarily religious, Cru may prefer to hire and employ individuals who agree with our religious beliefs and who are faithful to our doctrinal and ethical teachings and practices.”